Saturday, October 6, 2012

Discussions of Hot YA Guys


Now that there are two of us blogging on With A Book we thought it would be so much fun to do a post together! What better way to do that then discussion guys in YA? If you guys like this we can maybe turn this into a weekly thing. Soo here we go!

Discussions of Hot YA Guys

Where Danielle and Brittany discuss their love of guys in literature .

Jace from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
 Owen from Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
 And small appearances from Dimitri and Adrian from The Vampire Academy.

Danielle:  What do I love about Jace? Well what first got me was the sarcasm. I personally love to laugh and having a book character do that just made me swoon. Then as we got to know him, he has a caring heart. He would do anything for Clary and I can't help but love that.

Brittany:  I think thats fine! What is my favorite thing about Jace? The cover of City of Bones where he is shirtless. I really liked his personality everything from his sarcasm to sense of humor. Who wouldn't want a guy who is both hot and can make people laugh?

Danielle:  I forgot about that cover. I have to agree that was one of my favorite things about him too! Actually it was one of the main reasons that I picked up City of Bones.

Brittany:  I really like that Jace isn't just a body but he has an amazing soul and truly loved Clary.

Danielle:  I completely agree! I mean how could you argue with that when he says things like “There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.” (City of Glass)

Danielle:  So I think we can agree that Jace is one of the best literary guys out there right now?

Brittany:  YES! He really is! And so is Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice

Danielle:  Mr.Darcy! Now he is the best literary character of all time past and present. I just can't get enough of him.

 Brittany:  Who wouldn't love a guy who proposes by saying, '“In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”

Danielle:  I have no idea, maybe someone who is a rock with no emotions. Like Kristen Stewart. When I read that line I knew I was hooked to Mr. Darcy. I especially love that the first time I read the novel, I started off hating Darcy as Lizzy did. I didn't know all of the good that he did how how much he actually loved her. I did fall a little bit before Lizzy did but that was part of the fun. Now it's much different every time I reread it. I just love him from the very start.

Brittany:  The very first time I read the book I also hated Mr. Darcy  when I first read the book until I did some reflecting and realized his true personality. Mr. Darcy is everything I ever want in a man

Danielle Me too. I would take the movie Mr. Darcy any day too. Really who could hate this guy, or this couple, 


Brittany:  I love when couples have a love hate relationship. It really shows that even when they get on each other’s nerves underneath it all they still love each other. Kinda like how Annabelle was afraid of and misunderstood Owen at first.

 Danielle:  And I really see the resemblance between Lizzy and Darcy and Annabelle and Owen. How they really didn't understand each other in the beginning and are from two different worlds. Owen himself, is such a great guy. He was there for Annabelle when she needed him, and in the end he didn't question her he just helped her. Such a great guy.

Brittany:  Owen has this dark twisted and misunderstood feeling just like Mr. Darcy does but both men were always waiting in the shadows waiting to help and cherish their loves. Owen was a total rebel and who wouldn't want the "bad boy" with a such diverse taste in music. I might even classify Owen as the cute hipster.

Danielle Well I didn't really care for Owen's music tastes to much but I did really like "bad boy" thing he had going on. I'm always a sucker for the bad boys in almost every novel. I could start naming a bunch right now *like Adrian from The Vampire Academy ) but I think we would get a little side tracked haha.

 Brittany:  You know I don't like Adrian, Team Dimitri all the way. Owen is definitely the bad boy you can still bring home to meet mom and dad.

 Danielle:  nooo Adrian was so much better. He had so much more to him. Dimitri was just so one emotion the whole time. Gosh getting so side tracked. We were talking about Owen right? haha :) Well If he was real I would not hesitate to bring him home to meet my parents. I want an Owen <3 He's sweet personality is something anyone can fall for. I also love how he had to overcome his rage. He became a better person with Annabelle. I love guys that change like that. The ones that stay the sameCoughDimitriCough are just too boring.

Brittany:  Owen did adorably change into a better person. I still disagree with your opinion on Dimitri but I guess we will just have to leave it at that.

Danielle:  I guess so. We'll have to debate that another time. 


So what did you guys think? Who's your favorite guy? Leave a comment to let us know! And let us know if you liked the discussion post because we would love to continue doing them if you enjoy them. :)


--Danielle and Brittany <3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book