Friday, January 6, 2012

Review: The Nine Lives of Chloe King 1 & 2

The Nine Lives of Chloe King
Volume One: The Fallen
Volume Two: The Stolen
By: Celia Thomson
Pages: 256
Source: Bought from library book-sale

Summary: Chloe King was a normal sixteen-year-old girl.
She did her homework and got good grades, but she wasn't afraid to ditch class sometimes to hang out with her best friends. She slept at home, but otherwise avoided all human contact with her mom. The usual stuff.
Then she fell from San Francisco's highest tower, and her life changed. For starters, she died. And then, she woke up.
Now Chloe's life is anything but normal: Suddenly guys are prowling around her, she's growing claws, and someone's trying to kill her.
Luckily for Chloe, she still has eight lives to go.



Review: Now I've come to find that readers and bloggers tend to watch a huge amount of ABC Family. Maybe that's just the people I follow on Twitter, but it does seem like a huge amount. Anyway, on ABC Family there was this T.V. show that was called The Nine Lives of Chloe King. I became addicted to the show and while I was shopping I came across this novel. How could I pass it up? 

While I loved the show, the book was only so-so. You never really get a good feel for the characters, you don't get into their heads and learn what makes them tick. I'm very big on having good characters that you get to know and can relate to. With Chloe and her friends I felt like they were lacking there. Another problem I had is with the plot, at first I just couldn't get into it. It took half the book for me to get into the story. 

Now with the problems I did have, by the time I was half way done with the first book, I became addicted. It became impossible to stop reading. It did get very intense and was so different from the T.V. Show. You get to learn much more about the paranormal creature Chloe is, a decedents of cats. This is a nice different thing from the usual Vampires and were wolfs. 

I will be reading the next and final book in the series. (I have it on hold at the library right now) If you are a fan of the T.V. Show I do suggest checking this novel out, it clears up some loose ends. Plus there is much more Alyec. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book